Judges selected the 2012-'13 SE Spokane County Fair Royalty Court at the Sunday evening coronation ceremony at McIntosh Grange, Rockford, Wash. Beautiful Girls, Fancy Dresses, Tiara's, Sashes and Flowers made for a very special evening in Rockford last night, May 20, 2012, where the 2012 Queen and two Princess's were crowned.
- QUEEN- Kailyn Gady, daughter of David and Sherrie Gady of Rockford Washington and a current Junior at Freeman High School.
- PRINCESS-Morgan DeRuyter, daughter of Will Deruyter of Valleyford Washington and a current Junior at Freeman High School.
- PRINCESS-Brooke Williams, daughter of Scott and Stacy of Rockford Washington and a current Sophomore at Freeman High School.
Previously, the girls submitted essay's, attended a mother daughter tea, and a Ice cream social with their Sponsors. Sunday afternoon was spent interviewing with judges, Dawn Payne, Licensed Registered Dental Assistant and Office Manager, Spokane Valley, Sr. Master Sgt., Dave Walker, US Air Force, Airway Heights, and Amy Mercer, owner of Capello Salon, Liberty Lake.
As the day progressed, friends and families of the nine contestants gathered at the McIntosh Grange to support these brave young ladies as they quieted their nerves, and proceeded to deliver carefully prepared and practiced speeches.
While the judges, faced with the challenging task of narrowing the contestants to only three of nine, carefully calculated the scores to determine who would be awarded the opportunity to represent the community in which they live and love, dessert was served.
The following nine young ladies circulated and chatted with audience members, parents, grandparents, friends and strangers while they awaited the judge's decision:
- Aly Tee, a sophomore attending Liberty High School from Latah. Sponsored by The Rockford VFW Post 7815.
- Brooke Williams, a sophomore attending Freeman High School from Rockford. Sponsored by The Rockford Historical Society.
- Cassidy Schultes, a sophomore attending Freeman High School from Rockford. Sponsored by the Rockford Women's Club.
- Emily Mumby, a sophomore attending Liberty High School from Spangle. Sponsored by the The Rockford VFW ladies 7815.
- Holly Cockle, a junior attending Liberty High School from Spangle. Sponsored by The Spangle Service Club.
- Kailyn Gady, a junior attending Freeman High School from Rockford. Sponsored by The Rockford bells.
- Kati Benson, a sophomore attending Freeman High School from Rockford. Sponsored by The American Legion Post 165.
- Kelsey Burton, a sophomore attending Freeman High School from Rockford. Sponsored by the The McIntosh Grange.
- Morgan DeRuyter. a junior attending Freeman High School from Valleyford. Sponsored by the The Rockford Lyons.
When John Solomon, Master of Ceremonies, returned to the stage, the crowed silenced, and the new SE Spokane County Fair Royalty was announced. Members of the outgoing Royalty Court stepped onto the stage to crown the young ladies who accepted the current roles and responsibilities. In addition to crowns, beautiful bouquets were given to the Queen and Princess's.
Congratulations to the girls on their outstanding effort.
Thank you to all who attended and supported this annual event. Special thanks to the royalty committee, Kris Pettibone and Amanda Miller, and to the many contest sponsors and contributors, and to McIntosh Grange for use of the Grange Hall.
We hope to see you at the Fair!