Monday, July 11, 2011

Candidate Rosalia Town Council - Rick Lau

This is an ongoing series of responses received from candidates in the north Palouse region who are invited to present their views to inform voters. Please feel free to contact Rick with your questions.
The Editor

My name is Rick Lau, I am currently running for Rosalia Town Council position #2.


Elected experience none at present time.

I am a resident of the town of Rosalia for the past 16 years
Member of Rosalia Fire and Ambulance as Firefighter / Advance EMT, I joined the department in 1997.
I attend Rosalia United Methodist Church.
Married to wife Marie for 15 years.
Employed by Northwest Medstar as an EMT.
Grew up in Coeur d Alene ID, graduated Coeur d Alene High School 1985. AAS Degree in computer aided drafting, ITT Tech 1993.

Issues that we are facing are some of the same ones many of our small towns face. Having to do more with less. Lack of business, residents having to commute to larger cities for work. In general, rural towns are a dying breed. However I believe we can reverse the trend.
  • By joining with other organizations within the town.
  • Begin to promote the town to the small business owner and to new families looking for affordable housing.
One reason I am running for office, I believe that elected officials are accountable to the people that elected them to office. It is the responsibility of the elected person to keep their constituents informed. That is not happening in Rosalia. That is why I chose my statement "Our Town Your Voice." It is my intent to keep the residents inform of what the council is doing. Keeping the town's website up to date. At current time the website list Ken Jacobs as Mayor. Jim Stenhouse has been mayor for the past two years. The last council minutes posted is dated 2004.
  
Thank you for the opportunity to introduce myself. Be sure to check out my facebook page at,
www.facebook.com/pages/RickLauforTownCouncil.

Rick Lau

121 S. Whitman Ave.
Rosalia, WA 99170
(509) 523-6200; rickalau@hotmail.com

The North Palouse Washington e-Newscast, http://palousenewscast.com

No comments:

Post a Comment