Freeman HS Scottie Weekly News, January 6, 2012, announced:
"Did you know:
- 99% of all clothing is recyclable?"
- 70% of all clothing is thrown away and ends up in our landfills.
"Go Green is intended to teach students, and offer them a rewarding opportunity. If they participate they can raise money for their school.
The announcement says, "Average money raised per school is $96 per month/$1152 per year!"
Spokane Textile Clothing Recycling Competition
"The school that prevents the most clothing from ending up in the landfill will receive a dollar for dollar match from Spokane Textile! (This is based on weight and will take place from September to June.) For example, Raise $1152 per school year and Spokane will match it making your total $2304.
"OUR PROMISE TO YOU
- Donation homes will be checked NO LESS THAN ONCE A WEEK and there is a 24 hour/7days a week hotline to prevent overlow
- Homes will be maintained in a satisfactory condition for both structural appearance and cleanliness within 10 feet.
- Spokane Textile will remove items that are left on or around the donation homes within one hour of receiving a phone call
- In the event you are not satisfied with our agreement, per your request, we will remove the home within 48 hours.
- Spokane Textile maintains current liability insurance at all times.
*A Spokane Textile Recycling bin is located at The Freeman Store.
"The more we recycle, the more we get back! Becci Carlson, Marketing Manager, (509) 714-3778; email@example.com."